Tuesday, January 15, 2019

2018 - gaming recap

I have not had much time for posting on here in the past 18 months or so as I was pretty much living at work, but I actually did paint some things in 2018.

I didn't get much wargaming in apart from a big 2-day Mordheim campaign back in February and one game of Kings of War over the Christmas break. I got my butt whooped in both, but such is life!

Since I used to use this blog as a way of reminding myself what I've actually done in any given month/year in terms of painting progress etc., I figured I should go back and try to update it for last year now that I've got some time on my hands!

Unfortunately, it's going to be tough to try and piece together all of that... the purpose of the blog to begin with was because I couldn't remember what the heck I had worked on and I had trouble trying to stick with goals since I was always getting sidetracked! Oh well... shows much how good that did - I originally started the blog to track my progress on painting all of my French & Indian War models. Yikes!

Anyway - here are some things that I know I did since the last time I posted any progress (which was, frighteningly, in June 2017!).

First, a couple of shots of my Salamander army and table layout from my one and only mass battle game in 2018, a game of KoW against my friend Greg. It's not worth saying much about this game. I got beat so bad I would like to forget it and move on :)









Yep, this is pretty much my ENTIRE army in the "casualty" section of the table at the end of the game...



He has promised me a re-match though... so I'm glad I took pics of the table setup!

Next, I'm going to dig through my display cabinet and try my best to remember which models were painted between June 2017 and now!



No comments:

Post a Comment