Tuesday, January 29, 2019

2018 painting recap & new stuff

Found a couple more models while digging through the display case to try to remember what I actually got painted last year... these two were the only others I could come up with for now. I feel like I painted more than this though! Maybe the others were all Zombicide models, which I currently don't have in the case. I'll dig them out of the basement next weekend.

First up is an old Citadel model called, quite aptly, "wizard with scrolls." I saw this guy unpainted on eBay years ago and liked him a lot, but got outbid on him. Then I regretted not bidding higher, and spent a long time trying to wait for one to come up for sale again!

When I finally saw another one for sale it was already partially painted, so I got him and just spruced up the paint job instead of stripping him. I thought he'd make an excellent apprentice for Frostgrave, so I based him on a lipped round base like the other models I use for FG.





Next up is another old board game piece, and a quickie paint job that I did for some reason... I think I just picked him out of the box because he looked like an easy one to paint up real quick, and looks like a perfect classic D&D troll. Not sure if I was planning on using him in Frostgrave or what.




Of course in addition to painting, I bought a ton of new stuff in 2018! Can't even remember all of it right now... but this just came today!

I got my Kickstarter for the original Stark & Lannister set and all of the bonus models and optional models last year. They are awesome models! So much so that I have been buying the other retail releases as they come out. I pre-ordered these months ago and finally got them today. The new Night's Watch and Free Folk starter sets:



I think there's been good coverage on pics of the Night's Watch on the web, but haven't seen many pics of the actual Free Folk models. Here they are:





No comments:

Post a Comment