Sunday, October 9, 2016

Painting update

Got a few models done a little early this month... I need to keep this pace up if I want to be ready for the Mordheim campaign! I keep getting distracted and working on terrain though.

I finished a few more Wargames Foundry Vikings for my Norse warband. I am really liking painting these guys. It makes me want to finish off the collection! They've been in my lead pile for many years.

It would coincide nicely if I paint up the rest of my Vikings at some point soon, because the guys in my local gaming group are interested in the Dark Ages these days!

All in good time. Anyway, here are the new recruits.






























Also finished a couple of henchmen for my buddies Nurgle warband. These are the old WHFB Chaos Warriors that had no necks and looked like their heads were protruding straight out of their chests! Well, they ARE chaos dudes after all.

Painted them up really quick, basecoat, drybrush, wash. And I think I used fewer colors on these than almost any models yet! Added to that, they were preassembled so I didn't have to spend any time building them. I usually only buy new models on eBay, I don't like taking gambles on other people's assembly or painting jobs. But at some point a while back I bid on a box of these, and the seller threw in a few of his own models that were already built. Dug them out of the lead pile and Bam! Two more henchmen for Nurgle.







You can also see some of the new jungle terrain I'm working on in the background! I'll save that for another post though.


No comments:

Post a Comment