Sunday, June 18, 2017

Got one done!

Just after I said I probably wouldn't get a single model done this month!

Well, I've gotten exactly one done. Had some time on this Father's Day to sit and paint even though I have a million other things I should be doing! I wanted to get this guy done as he's a gift for someone. A friend of mine is a big Star Wars fan and I know that Lando Calrissian in particular is a favorite character... so I looked into it and tried to find a Lando miniature. I found this guy for the Star Wars: Imperial Assault game (which is a game I've heard good things about and have been tempted to buy...).

Figured I'd take a shot on it. I painted him up pretty quickly and tried to distinguish between the gloss finish on the shiny leather of his shoes and belt versus the rest of the model. The gloss came out OK, but I never get a matte enough finish when I varnish things! Dullcote is the best I've tried, but even that is lacking sometimes.

Anyway - here he is. Took a few shots outside since that had the best lighting.




















2 comments:

  1. Well well well. Look who has joined me on the Imperial Assault kick....nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly I got the urge for a Colt 45!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete