Sunday, April 5, 2015

A closer view of one of them before the wash:

Here they are with the wash done. I used mainly Army Painter Strong Tone ink, but some GW washes for the greens and reds. I think the AP Strong Tone (the ink wash, not the "dip" varnish that they sell in the can) is a good replacement for the old GW Devlan Mud wash. It's a much closer match than Agrax Earthshade, which was supposed to replace it in the new line of GW paints.

I've definitely found that I enjoy painting the irregulars more than the regulars. The 8 Grenadiers I painted for the French last month had way fewer colors and took me much longer to get through. I think the monotony kills me...

Well I've just got to base these guys up and do their eyes. Might re-highlight in a few spots. I think it's safe to say they'll be done this month though! 

1 comment: