Sunday, August 30, 2015

Frostgrave inaugural game...

I had to bail when my local gaming group tried out Frostgrave earlier this month, to my great disappointment. Luckily I was able to get a rain date in. One of my buddies was in from out of town last week and we gave the rules a try.

Although I am super excited about the "idea" of this game, and I love the setting etc., I wasn't crazy about the rules. It's going to take a few more games before I can make an educated decision, but my first impression was that luck seemed to play a greater part than most other wargames I've played.

Here are some pics of our trial run. It was a mish-mash of various miniatures and terrain. If I get into the game, I'd like to do a "frozen city" table and paint enough models for all of the scenarios/encounters in the book with a consistent basing style. For now we used whatever we had! Mainly models I had originally painted for Song of Blades & Heroes, Mordheim, or Warhammer.

We tried the "Mausoleum" scenario, and you can see the Mausoleum here in all it's glory...


Here is our layout and some in-game shots.
























1 comment: