Saturday, September 10, 2016

Gaming interlude


Lately all of my free hobby time has pretty much been spent on preparing for the Mordheim campaign I'm running in November. But last night I managed to get in an intro game of Kings of War with some of my local gaming buddies... good times! I got this game last Christmas and have watched a couple of games, but this was my first time trying it out.

I had some beginner's luck and the dice were with me - I played Salamanders (my WHFB Lizardmen) against a Kingdoms of Men (my buddy's WHFB Empire) army. Totally wiped the floor with him! It was almost comical actually - by the end, I wiped out every one of his units, without losing a single unit of my own.

I wish I could somehow figure out how to recreate this wargaming luck in future games!

We played at my buddy's place but I brought two of my mats over to play on; one from UrbanMatz, and one from DeepCut Studios. I'm planning on ordering a couple from Frontline Gaming soon too (whenever they get the Frostgrave mats back in stock!), and I'll do a comparative review once I have mats from all three companies.

Here are some pics from last night's games. And the best part is, the fun I had last night totally inspired me to paint all day today, so I made a lot of progress on a Nurgle warband I am painting for the Mordheim campaign. Woo Hoo!

































1 comment:

  1. That's just plain mean! Your poor friend....oh wait, it was me! You big jerk. 1, it was my first game, and now I know what NOT to do. So watch out....did I mention you are a big jerk? :-)

    ReplyDelete