Sunday, March 19, 2017

Kings of War - Round 2

I got in my Round 2 game in our ongoing KoW league this weekend. It was Salamanders versus an alliance of the Kingdom of Men and the League of Rhordia.

This was the terrain setup:



It was a pretty open table... not too great for me since I don't have a lot of shooting! But I can't really complain since I was hosting, hehe. I didn't feel like digging out any woods and grabbed whatever terrain I had handy.

This was my first game on my new TableWar 4x6 mat... yes, I got MORE mats! But that's another story.

 Once we got the terrain set up we picked table sides and deployed.



My fire drake did not get to do anything before he was charged by knights and wiped out.



And the knights were unpainted, no less! How dare they!



I was so upset about getting beat by unpainted models that I swapped out my opponent's unpainted scouts with my own painted ones! Unfortunately for me, they had no loyalty to their owner and shot up multiple units in my army during the game:



My buddy Bill had a cool laser pointer that projected lines from overhead rather than having to "shoot" from a model's eye view. Gotta get me one of these! Very useful for determining charge arcs, line of sight, etc.



In the end the whole game pretty much came down to a combat between his knights and my horde of Salamander primes. The knights won. The game was lost... but wait!

The scenario we were playing was "Invade" and the goal was actually to get units in your opponents half of the table. Because of this, I actually ended up with a "win" even though I had less models left at the end.


While we were meeting up to get our KoW game in, we also played a game of Frostgrave. We got the kids involved too! My son is a Frostgrave expert by now, but since Bill's boys were playing their first game we kept it simple - a Necromancer, Apprentice, 4 Thugs and 2 Archers each. Same warband on both sides, and only picked 3 spells. We set up a nicely packed terrain layout (which was pretty symmetrical, just to keep everything even for both sides!), and got going.

The game took a while, even without rolling for random monsters! But they had a good time and want to play again... so it was a success!
















2 comments:

  1. Hey, SOME knights were painted...5 of the 8. That's better than none! LOL. And thanks for the painted Scouts. BTW, one more row of painted "great swords" done. That leaves me with 1 final row! See, by the END of this cam-Pain, I'llbe all painted up! Thanks for hosting. You are due to report to my abode next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and anyone reading this AAR, don't go feeling bad about his overgrown lizards...this horde was charged by Foot Guard, House Guard and they were both routed...not till the Knights were able to get on their rear flank....BUT WAIT, the lizards about faced and took the charge in the kisser. It took 3 charges to route these over grown geckos. 6 charges by 3 different units to break this dang horde of over grown reptiles.

    ReplyDelete