Friday, March 3, 2017

February roundup

So after my big burst of painting on President's Day weekend, I never finished anything else by the end of the month. I did manage to start a bunch of stuff, but that's another story! Hopefully this month I will be finishing some more board game models, a couple of Reaper Bones, and maybe even some more ECW troops.

But anyway - I did manage to finish a quick terrain project by the end of the month. Walls! I have a bunch of the old foam Citadel walls, and I love them. They are rarer than hen's teeth these days though, much like the Pegasus pre-painted castle ruins. If only I could go back in time and stockpile sets of these! I am very jealous of this guy:

http://paulslotrminis.blogspot.com/2011/12/more-pegasus-prepainted-castle-ruins.html

Here are my walls. I hemmed and hawed over a million different projects to get some terrain done, and in the end this was all I had time for. The fieldstone walls are scratchbuilt, they are just aquarium pebbled glued in a few layers to popsicle sticks. I've had most of them built for a while, I just built a few more and painted them all.

The more formal looking walls with capstones are by MiniMonsters. They are resin. Sometimes I hate spending money on things I think I can scratchbuild... but boy were these more convenient to get done than the others!







Gotta be at least 4 feet of walls all together... I built the scratchbuilt ones to fit around my corn field:

http://paintingtheleadpile.blogspot.com/2015/10/october-terrain.html

It looked a little strange without a barrier around it. Of course I forgot to take a picture of them together, d'oh!


No comments:

Post a Comment