Sunday, May 31, 2015

May update: painting...

Well May is over, and once again I managed to just barely eke out my quota of 10 models this month.

I don't think I would have done it at all except my planned game night last night got canceled due to illness, so I had some extra painting time this weekend!

The new game Frostgrave that is coming out this summer has been stealing my attention, and my enthusiasm for the French & Indian War now has some competition. This month I painted 4 British Regulars, an NCO, and Magua from the Last of the Mohicans set by Warlord Games/Conquest. I wasn't too faithful to the movie with any of these characters yet, so just plan on using them as random Indians and civilian women.


 Somehow I forgot to take a picture of Magua! Oh well, next month.

My British troops are happy to have the reinforcements. Not enough to field an army for M&T yet, but with some Indian allies they could do a small game. And there are more than enough for a good sized game of Song of Drums & Tomahawks!


The rest of what I painted this month was for Frostgrave. I started a warband with a Reaper Bones model that I plan on using as an Illusionist, he just looks like one to me!




Based on the previews of the "official" line of minis for Frostgrave, it looks like many of the apprentice models will be similar in appearance to their corresponding wizards. So I painted up this young gal in the same color scheme:




Not sure if I will be sticking with all of the ideas from the book though... I like this little dude as a "generic" apprentice - just a kid lugging around the Mage's spell books and scrolls:




Finally, I've had this little cat sitting on my painting desk for quite a while. I think it is a familiar for one of the female Vampires in my Warhammer Fantasy undead army. I was desperate to get a 10th model done so finished it quickly... and the bonus is, I think you can take familiars in Frostgrave, so might get to actually use it!








No comments:

Post a Comment