Friday, July 31, 2015

July buying.... the LEAD PILE GROWS!!!!

One of the reasons I started this blog was to keep track of the size of my lead pile and try to stay disciplined with keeping my painting output steady and reducing my buying so the lead pile stops growing so quickly.

This month was a terrible example of lead pile exponential growth at it's worst.

I painted 10 models, as per my stated monthly goal for the year. That's the good part...

Unfortunately I BOUGHT a lot more than that. It was a perfect storm, with my once-in-a-lifetime trip to Historicon (and it will definitely be once in a lifetime, unless it moves from Fredericksburg!) combined with a sale at Wargames Foundry.

I ended up buying two army deals from Foundry, that's 44 packs at roughly 7 models each... 308 models there.

I also joined the "Old Glory Army" at Historicon and bought 4 packs there. That might not sound too bad, but their packs are 30 models each. Yikes. Another 120 troops.

Add in a few odds and ends from the show, and my lead pile definitely grew by over 500 models this month. AAAAAHHH!

I thought I would add this funny picture of the packaging that Foundry used to send me one of my army deals. This sack was almost 4 feet tall, and as big as multiple sacks of potatoes... I put a 28mm model in for scale. Very odd!



No comments:

Post a Comment