Saturday, May 7, 2016

April Gaming

Wow... all of April went by with no Blog updates! Fortunately that doesn't mean nothing was happening. I actually got in some painting and some gaming.

It's been a tough year so far to get any games in with my local gaming group, but fortunately I have been raising my own in-house wargame opponent for the past 10 years.

Even though I haven't gotten together with my buddies, my son and I started a new Mordheim campaign this year. He is playing Lizardmen (he ALWAYS takes Lizardmen!) and I am trying out the Possessed.

I painted up this Possessed warband a while ago for one of my buddies (who likes to play but doesn't paint) to use in our annual campaign, but I've never actually played them until now. They are pretty awesome! With some lucky rolls, I've got almost every model in my warband up to 2 wounds. Ouch...

Although the Lizardmen recently got quite a boost too: After searching for just one game, one of the Skink Chiefs has located a Cold One mount to ride into battle. We had to put the campaign on hiatus while I painted that one up :)

Here are some in-game shots from our games...

Starting warbands:





Battle is joined!




I also managed to get a game in of Pirates of the Spanish Main with my daughter. As much as I hate to admit it, my kids would probably love the X-Wing game that is all over the place now. Last thing I need is another game to focus on!

No comments:

Post a Comment